Monday, November 17, 2008

Jerks Everywhere

I never realized the full meaning of the word "Loser" until I have come upon this guy.

Rewind.

My friends at the office and I never fail to have lunch at Jollibee in Rufino atleast once a week. One, because of the newspaper. Two, because it's near. Three, due to limited options.

It was a relatively newly-opened branch so I think the staff/crews noticed that we come around often. One time, one the dining crews approached us to get our names, contact details, birthdays and all. Apparently, to "reward" constant customers.

Fast Forward.

I received this text message from one "Johann" (yes, I'm naming you) asking me what my name is, where I'm working and what not. I asked him how he got my number. After a LOT of beating around the bush, he admitted that he got it from the logbook at Jollity Rufino. - calling Jollity crews, it is so NOT ethical to give out customers's private details esp phone numbers under any non-business reasons.

Ok, so I'm not born yesterday so I know that he really didn't want to be textmates (because I suck at it) with me. But I asked him his what his intentions are all the same. (This is to end any illusions of us watching movies together - properly) He said that he merely wanted to be friends with me. Ok. Sure. I'll leave you in peace. Then he insisted that I send my picture to his phone. Of course I declined. So i dared him to send his first. He did. I asked him how old he is. He is 20. An ominous sign.

Present. Play.

Mr Johann (soon to be Mr Loser) texted me again tonight. He kept on bugging that we go out sometime. And being the Ms brutally honest myself, I told him that we could only be friends because I think that he's too young for me. And I mean it not just because of the numbers, but because of his attitude. And God knowsI dont want to be a 'Nanny to an over-emotional, overly-dramatic kid with ADHD'.

He kept on telling me that I ought to give him a chance.. yada yada yada. He also kept on asking me if it's because of his appearance and all. I told him that it is not for anything else but the difference in the way we think and see things. He's too young for me.

And then he texted, "Ang sama mo!"

Naturally, my reply was, "Anong ginawa ko sayo."

And he said, "Ganyan talaga kayong mga babae. Wala nang ibang mahalaga sa inyo kundi pera!" (yeah, i know. i'm telling you, my head still ache, trying to comprehend)

I was like, "What?!"

And he went on like, "naisip mo ba yan nung iniinsulto mo ko..." and things like "sayang, i really wanted to be with you... yada yada yada"....

I'm telling you, that boy has to consider serious psychiatric help because I dont think we even have a name for his condition.

And then he finished off with a never ending messages of 'Ang sama mong gurl..."

Yeah, I know, go figure.

I have very high respects for the members of the opposite sex (and to those who are not defined by Male and Female), and the last thing that I would dreamm to do is to insult anybody because of their appearance.

Trust me, I know how painful it is to be seen not by who you are but by how "thin or big" youy are.

So for this guy to accuse me these things and to insult me, I'm sorry but I will not take it lying down.

So if ever that fate will give me the chance of meeting Mr Loser, you can bet for an explosive blog entry on this very page.

What a

L

O

S

E

R

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home