Friday, November 03, 2006

An Unwanted Proof

It is rare that I let myself get disappointed with guys -- in general.
I mean, I know that not all boys are the same and that there are some who are -- uhm-- at least a bit (or so i hope) matured.

But then again, nature has its ways to get me into a rude awakening.

For less than 2 weeks I thought I found somebody who is basically unlike any other guy.
I thought I finally got to see a sensible guy who really don't go for looks alone.
A guy who can really see right through a girl's soul. Someone who is not perturbed by good looks and skinny body. Someone who is genuinely interested in getting to know a girl because she has a good mind and heart.

When I met this guy, let's call him Nicey, I thought he's kind of "harmless" for a guy with his looks. He's not Gorgeous, but he's Nice-looking -- "Decent-looking". He is ever so polite with everybody. He doesn't flirt like most of the guys in his environment do ( but now i come to think about it, he's probably not just "openly" flirting).
Although I'm not interested on him that "Romantically" I admit that I have come to really like him and --- heck, yeah, I had a crush on him.

And so I went on admiring him. Glad that I finally found a guy who's --uhmm-- how will I put it? Okay, let tell you this first. Recently, I accepted a temporary work in a company as an encoder together with four other girls. This company is actually a plantation that makes glass. What you could expect from this kind of place is that 98% of the workers there are men. So I wasn't really surprised to see these men staring at us when we go to work.

Let me tell you about the other girls. I became friends with them. We had fun together. Two of them, let's call them Giggly and Loudy, look like your high school cheerleaders -- if you know what I mean. Fair-complexioned, skinny girls who are rarely seen without make-up? That's them.

Anyway, I have no problems whatsoever with them getting most of the attention of these obnoxious, forsaken, chauvinists; what I most cared about is that Nicey treated us fairly, engineer to an encoder.

To tell you the truth, I don't know the exact thing that happened that made me open my eyes to the real situation. i guess it was 85% instinct. It's something, I am beginning to realize, that I think God gave me to protect myself from these creatures.

Okay, fine, I saw them flirting. Period.

Okay, I know that not all flirty people are bad, but I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of doing it. Nicey has a girlfriend and I just thought, "is it worth it to tarnish what you described as your 'happiest relationship' just to be able to exchange giggles and meaningful jokes with another equally hollow-headed being?"

I actually saw more things than mere flirting but I'd rather not write about those. Even to think of it makes me sick.

And so I got my unwanted proof. Unwittingly received but appreciated all the same.

Hmmnn.. I don't want to be entirely skeptical with all this so I just think that I am yet to find that one guy who would look me straight to the eye and tell me that I am the most beautiful person he'd ever met.

Ha ha!!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:36:00 AM, Blogger silangan said...

mars, natawa naman ako sa iyo. hamo pagnakakita ako ng matinong lalaki, share ko sa iyo. intay ka lang mga 100 years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home